What is an Anonymous LLC?
An Anonymous LLC is defined as a limited liability company whose owners are not publicly identifiable by the state. An Anonymous LLC is created by being careful where and how a LLC is formed.
Some states may require managers are listed, but a nominee manager may often be used.
A registered agent and Organizer are always listed, but those names may be provided by a 3rd party service.
How an Anonymous LLC Works
How does the owner of the LLC remain anonymous?
Choose a state that allows anonymity, e.g. Wyoming, Delaware, Nevada or New Mexico.
Alternatively, use a double LLC/Holding company set up. I.e. if a owner must be listed, then make the owner an anonymous company from another state.
A 3rd party lists itself as the organizer and registered agent. This is the only specific information contained within the Articles of Organization that is published by the State.
Why would someone create an anonymous LLC?
An Anonymous LLC provides all of the benefits of a regular LLC, with the additional benefit of not disclosing ownership information on the Internet.
Do you want your home address online? Do you want friends, neighbors and strangers to know what you own?
Benefits of Anonymous LLCs
- Privacy Protection
- Harassment Prevention
- Do your own research and include a few more with a description
How to Form an Anonymous LLC
- List the steps to forming an Anonymous LLC
- How is this different from starting a regular LLC?
- Is it more difficult? Easier? Worth it?
Is Anonymous LLC Right for YOu?
- Who is an anonymous LLC best for?
- Give some examples of people who would create an anonymous LLC.
Contact a Lawyer
- How a business lawyer can help this process
- What are the benefits of working with a lawyer while forming an LLC?